Lost Quintessence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free Lance Fantasy Role-play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
♫.Asha

Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Empty
PostSubject: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:33 pm

**OLD ROLEPLAY. IGNORE THIS THREAD. I'm keeping it because I may want to reuse the idea, that's all. =p

OOc;{First off, I'm establishing posting order on this thread.
Order is me, then Shin.

{This thread/line of events is going to have its own mini-plot [with Pharos's permission?] and I need at least a character or two other than Asha to have a role. First off, we need a Resistance member to give Asha her assignment, and -- if you want -- to either join her or assign someone to join her in her mission. [taken by Shin] Secondly, we need the object for her mission -- a ranking Exo-Human which the two are going to attempt to assassinate. Finally, any characters who can add action, comic relief, and/or other spice are welcome to join.

{PM me or post OOC here before you post an intro, reqeusting the role you want.}

It felt distinctly strange to be walking through these streets, a trip back into the past for the woman who traveled them. It had been a long time since she'd felt the dry desert wind on her face, the grains of sand whirling around the pavement at her feet. This had been the first city Asha had come to as a displaced girl, back-country and out of place with her dark skin and brightly-colored clothing.

She had not been welcome here the first time she visited, and she felt no less excluded now as she craned her neck back to stare up at the high-rising buildings that surrounded her, trying to catch a glimpse of the star-strewn sky. It did not matter to Asha that she was in disguise, wearing her trademark black cloak, her Leonal tail and ears hidden by its long train and shadowy hood. She had never felt welcome among the harsh lines of city building, and knew herself an outsider even when others did not. One slim, black-skinned hand slid out from underneath its wrappings to grip at the cloak, as if uncertain whether she was really so well-disguised.

Asha shook her head, banishing these thoughts, and took a deep breath as she looked around to get her bearings. Outsider or not, she had her place in the order of things today, and the prospect of gold beckoned. She moved more quickly through the maze of alleys, searching for the building her contact had arranged to meet her at. She wondered what sort of mission she would be commissioned for tonight.

She had had plenty of unusual assignments over the years, and not all of them were as dark or grisly as helping to plot an assassination. It was amazing what uses people put a spy to, even in the midst of war. Once she had been commissioned to spy out a man in his bathroom for his wife, to see if he was entertaining some woman there; another time she had been assigned to ask the general of some company what she ate for breakfast, so that her commissioner could ingratiate himself with the woman by offering her a meal. Though mildly disturbed by the former occasion, Asha had been highly amused by the general's toady and delighted in extorting him for extra payment, as he was evidently stupid and thought she was the only one who could do the job.

Somehow she doubted that tonight's assignment would be anything so light-hearted. It was a long way from the northern war front -- the Paladin side of the front, no less -- to this backend southern outpost of the Aria Alliance. If not for her ties to the Resistance and curiosity at what could require her extensive talents, Asha would have refused the request for her service, instead seeking out some job closer to where her last one had led her. However, she had not been south in some years and felt a powerful tug to return to the outskirts of her homeland, so she had risked the journey, traveling through long nights toward the land of her youth.

And here she was. Asha halted at the address she had been given, staring up at a tall, apparently abandoned warehouse. She had a sneaking suspicion that supplies were still stored here, waiting to be smuggled to a community decimated by the war or perhaps -- in extreme secrecy -- the Omega Server forces. Asha made no secret of her disapproval that the Resistance was beginning to lean in the Omega Server's favor, as she knew well the ruthlessness of the Exo-Humans and believed that simply winning the war against the Paladins would not sate their bloodlust. She was certain that, winning on that front, they would then turn their hunger on the ones who had fed them so discreetly.

That was neither here nor there, however, and the supplies were none of Asha's business. Her directions had told her to take a side entrance to the building and, locating the crumbling door, Asha approached the staircase within. She took a deep breath and shifted her cloak a little, pausing before she began the ascent. Closing her eyes, she set aside her thoughts of childhood and anger at the Resistance's behavior, settling herself securely into the persona of Chocolate, mysterious spy-for-hire and information broker. She was a stranger to all, her race unknown -- as was prudent when she was dealing with disdainful Hume-Leonals and sometimes ethnocentric Humans. No one had yet broken through the secret of her alias, and she intended to keep it that way a long time yet.

Chocolate straightened and took to the stairs, pushing her hood forward as the glare of a bare lightbulb became apparent from the room above. Her cloak hid everything about her except her dark slim hands and pale green, slightly angled eyes -- marking her as much a mystery as ever to the contact who waited within.

Last edited by ♫.Asha on Sun May 23, 2010 5:27 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://soulxofxwander.webs.com
Man of the moons

Man of the moons

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:35 am

Shin looked outside of the warehouse, it was quiet inside, but outside it was more like a sand storm, he wondering what it would be like to be out there. he guessed it would make him feel worse than he already did, being in the resistance and his parents dead, he saw death all around him, and the mission he would be assigning would be dangerous enough to put thousands perhaps even tens of thousands of lives a stake, maybe even seal a races fate. he sighed and took out his violin and began to play a sad tune, remembering his father and mother. he would avenge them, and he looked out the window again, a figure in a black cloak, he assumed this would be the one to carry out the mission. he ran down the steps, not daring to turn any lights on so he wouldn't attract any large attention. and opened the door slightly, he peered out with his young eyes he saw it was a girl, and in his youthful voice, trying not to crack his voice, he said,"State your name," and he waited a reply, just to add on he said," Are you the so called 'Chocolate'?" he said in a childish voice, being the only resistance member he guessed he was kinda the leader. he tried to man up a bit. but he couldn't hide his depression and sadness and worry.

His ears twitched slightly, his tail behind the door, so that the only sign that he was a leonal was his ears. he slowly reached his hand to his violin. and extending the hidden blades that were in the bass of it.
Back to top Go down
♫.Asha

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Chocolate halted as she reached the door, which had been closed to her. Her eyes narrowed very slightly at the sound of her contact's voice, and she studied him carefully.

He was Leonal as well, she noted, but did not relax at this small comfort. He seemed anxious, as guarded as she, ears flickering, holding -- so she guessed from the sliver of his body she could see -- some sort of weapon in his hand. He seemed very young from his voice and height, just forging into adolescence, and she felt a flicker of disdain. Was the Resistance sending messenger boys to deal with her now, instead of true officers?

"I am known as Chocolate," she answered in the affirmative, holding up her black-skinned hand as evidence, but keeping the other wrapped around a dagger within her cloak. "I have come a long way to speak to a member of the Resistance who seeks my services. Are you he?"

Had she come all this way to sell her skills to a mere boy?
Back to top Go down
Man of the moons

Man of the moons

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Shins eyes flickered with a small happiness as she confirmed herself. he quickly deactivated the blades,"You found him i suppose, please, do come in." and he opened the door wide enough so she could enter. he scurried back into the kitchen and got a bunch of battle maps and stuff like that. he spread one out that was made for this mission, "Now i know i may seem not much, but don't be fooled, i have some very....interesting, equipment. here is our mission," he tapped his finger unto a certain point on the map that had a red circle on it. he taped his finger on it three times,"The mission is made specifically for our kind, capture an exo human, bring him back to a house ten doors down from here, and interrogate him, and the fun part is, if he doesn't prove a use to us, we terminate him on the spot." He said with a childish, yet a serious voice. and he said,"I hope you don't mind," and began to play a soft tune on his violin. music made him concentrate better sometimes.
Back to top Go down
♫.Asha

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Chocolate stared at the boy, taken aback, when he pulled out the violin. Her ears twitched with annoyance as she studied the maps; much as she liked music, she found the noise distracting. Glancing at the boy, she rapped her knuckles on the table to attract his attention.

"Three problems with your plan," she said flatly, freeing her arms from the cloak so that she could cross them against her chest. Beneath her cloak she seemed to be wearing some sort of close-fitting black suit, for tight sleeves of some thin material extended just past her elbows. "First, I'm a spy and only a spy. I don't assassinate, I don't capture, I don't involve myself directly with my target unless I'm required to speak to him for surveillance purposes. Secondly, there is no 'we' in any of my missions. I work alone. Finally..."

Her pale green eyes fixed on the boy, trying to skewer him with a look. "You're far too young to be commissioning any missions. How old are you -- ten? Somehow I don't think the Resistance has authorized you to do this. I want to talk to your superiors before I even consider this mad plan."
Back to top Go down
Man of the moons

Man of the moons

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:48 pm

"As a matter of fact chocolate, i am twelve years old, and so far i am the first resistance member since my father before me, and i have no superiors so far. And I am of the resistance, i fight to end thisconflict, assassin or not, this exo human needs to be interrogated, and apparently you will need help on this mission." He said, he stopped playing as it appeared to be troubling her concentration.his tail flickered, like a flame melting something. noticing he left the door opened, he played a not on his violin intentionally showing off what he could do, the vibrations slammed the door shut. and he looked at chocolate with childish eyes. "I need you, We all need you, this may be the end of many races here, if we don't get any information about the omega server we are done for, you, me, our loved ones....." He looked down and remembered his parents, he went silent for a while. and waited for chocolate to respond.
Back to top Go down
♫.Asha

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Asha's expression didn't flicker as the kid spoke. Her head tilted slightly when he finished, a flicker of sardonic amusement flashing through the green eyes beneath her hood. She opened her mouth to speak, but paused, realizing for the first time how petty she was being; a lack of sleep and irritation at the nature of her commission didn't give her the right to chew on some misguided kid. Her face vanished briefly from beneath her hood as she closed her eyes, centering herself with a breath.

"Nice work," she remarked on his violin playing when her eyes opened again, flickering toward the door. She filed his skill in her mind for later use, but dropped the subject -- focusing instead on her continued cynicism, but speaking now in an even, almost indifferent voice.

"I'm sorry to say that you're not the only Resistance member," she paused briefly, realizing that the boy had not given his name, "as I've spoken to several just in the last few months. It may be that your branch was exterminated and you were left without a name to report to. What was your rank before the death of your superior? Private? Or were you still in training?" She doubted that he would have a terribly high rank, all things considered -- being twelve years old, the son of his commander, not knowing that he could reach the higher-ups.

His branch, she thought absently, must have been an unusual one. All intelligence I've gathered shows that the Resistance is leaning towards the Omega Server, not against it. I wonder...

She shook off the thought that threatened to wrap its threads around her -- the flicker of compulsion to take this little boy's offer and go kill some Exo-Humans. Hatred was a blind, an excuse, not a true reason to kill. With a deep breath, she went on.

"Additionally, you seem to be rather mistaken regarding my own loyalties. I am a mercenary, boy. I work for whoever will pay me, not for the good of the universe. The universe would only kill me in the end." Despite the bluntness of her words, she watched the boy closely, wondering how he would react to her dismissal of his idealism.

"I don't think I can take this offer of yours. If you like, I can get you in touch with some of your commander's superiors, see if they can find you a place."
Back to top Go down
Man of the moons

Man of the moons

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

She nodded to her as she spoke, when she finished he merely took out a bag wit some......hundred currency in it. and slid it across the table. "Paid?" he asked. And being a curious little boy that he was he tilted his head slightly to the right to get a good look at her since her hood covered all of her face from this angle. he sighed thinking about his comrades, he was a Sergeant, but didn't want to speak. this woman sounded determined to get out of this quick. he looked at the map, sighed, and wrote a few words down, instead of interrogating the persons location he had circled, he remembered that there was about three important exo humans in that area movin in a convoy of low ranking exo humans. he wrote on the paper of the map,'Assasinate all three of them, stealth is suggested but if you have to go ahead and kill them all.' and turned the map to her so she could see. if her job was to kill, he might as well join in.
Back to top Go down
♫.Asha

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Asha glanced at the money, then at the map, then gave the kid an exasperated look.

"I don't know how I can make this clearer. You're twelve. You're working without orders. I don't kill. I'm not risking my reputation for a displaced kid. If you want me to take you to the Resistance proper, I'll do so; but I'm not taking your commission." She bit her tongue sharply to avoid adding any clarifying expletives before the last word.

OOc;{Dude. How would a twelve-year-old become a Sergeant? O.o I'd imagine most ranking officers would be in their late twenties at least -- if not in their forties or so, having worked for years to get there. Unless his dad was favoring him?}
Back to top Go down
Man of the moons

Man of the moons

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:42 pm

[yeah i kinda didn't put that in my history that his dad left him his rank, sorry]

"Again, i may not be working on orders, and i could call up a resistance member with the snap of my fingers, perhaps they'll tell you that i may not be commissioned, but they can make me commissioned at any time." He said in a childish impatient way. "I could call up a good resistance member that i have heard of, i believe he is known as the cat of crystal, you wouldn't happen to know him would you?" he asked childishly. he then said,"If you would like, i could call him up and he'd be here in a matter of hours." He said in a bit of a smart alec voice. "Excuse my tone, but we can settle this in a little bit, feel free to make yourself at home. Just say the word and i will get a resistance member if you so please." he gestured to the house around them. he sat there and got a communication device ready to call a resistance member.
Back to top Go down
♫.Asha

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:45 am

OOc;{S'ok ^-^ But hey. Seto has already asked to join, and I haven't heard from Crystal Cat -- possibly Shin could contact Seto instead?}

Asha's eyes narrowed; she was at the end of her patience. But when the kid finally offered to contact another Resistance member, she sighed.

"Very well," she answered tersely. "Call someone up."

She'd heard of Crystal Cat, although he had never commissioned her; she remembered vaguely that he was another kid, although he might have been older than he looked. She couldh't recall whether he was in a better position to take her services on the Resistance's behalf, although the fact that she remembered his name was a bit more promising. Whatever the case, she dearly hoped to be gone from here soon, mission or no. This definitely hadn't been worth coming halfway across the continent for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]   Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Mission [open 1-4 more characters -- request to join]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Quintessence  :: Senalaia :: Ithen-
Jump to: